Who is Kate?
I am convinced of the benefit of using food and sensible lifestyle changes to enhance health and well being. I have personal knowledge of how stress and the wrong diet can lead to ill health and increased risk of Type II Diabetes. I experienced this myself at the age of 35 and when advised to go on medication I was scared and unsure of what my options were. I asked for some time to change my food and lifestyle before going on medication and thankfully my doctor was very receptive to that approach.
I studied nutrition and using the advise I received and the knowledge I gained I avoided having to take medication to manage Type II diabetes.
My experience and the changes I had to go through convinced me that nutrition is the best way to take care of our health.
I have the unique skills to support my clients at whatever stage they are at – to help them find good health and well being.
- Fully qualified practicing nutritional therapist (Irish Institute of Nutrition and Health).
- Registered full member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapists (BANT) and abides by a strict Code of Ethics and Practice
- Qualified Eating Disorder Counsellor, specialist area of expertise is weight loss
- Zest4Life Nutrition Coach, one of NI representative for the Patrick Holford’s Zest4Life programmes.
- Owner of a successful health food store in Armagh.
Previous to developing her skills in Nutrition, Kate was a highly successful programme manager for 15 years with a leading European financial institute, specializing in the management of change.
Kate lives with her husband and two children on their farm in Dungannon, County Tyrone.